Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September, my favorite month!


So, it's the first day of September, and I'm here in NYC for a few more days before returning to my new assignment at Le Moyne College, a Jesuit school in Syracuse. I've just returned from 8 months in Australia where I was completing the last phase of Jesuit formation before final vows. With the very cool morning here, it feels like fall has arrived, and with it, all those nostalgic feelings of new beginnings. And of course, new beginnings inevitably involve endings and farewells. As you perhaps reluctantly return from summer vacations, or at least the change of pace that summer provides, what are you feeling grateful for? And what are you anticipating as the fall approaches?

After keeping a blog up for the last several months, I found that it provided a meaningful way for me to connect with friends, family, and colleagues, and to draw insight through reflection on experiences. My intention with this blog will be to offer thoughts and feelings related to Life, Word, and Way... while everything is fair game, a fair amount of my attention will be on ways of connecting contemporary life with the Way of Jesus, sharing insights from the spiritual life, and following up on questions.

Hope that you will stop back, and if you do, to participate in this conversation and play!

7 comments:

  1. this is great and i look forward to travelling alongside.
    bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, while we don't get you in NYC we'll get you in virtual spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent..I won't suffer Katabasis withdrawal. Seriously, my thoughts and prayers go with you as you begin this next phase in your journey. You probably know the lines from Eliot's "Little Gidding" that speak to the end (goal, that is) of all our exploration as going back to the place where we began and knowing it for the first time... Be well.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. David, as I read the first part I thought, "welcome to my world!" But continuing on I know I have felt what you write about and long for more of it. Thank you for articulating so well what is deep within my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for making it through another season. This looks to be a very exciting time for you.. I look forward to hearing about your continuing experiences and new journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. David,
    Welcome home. Your words have helped me..I had a summer of suprises. Thank God for the Exercises. Really like the quote and Blessings. That will be my fuel for each day.
    Good luck, and thanks for all you do. You have our prayers.
    Marie and Jim

    ReplyDelete